new .30-378 pics

gjk5

got this rifle pretty much done;

IMG_1367.jpg

IMG_1368.jpg

IMG_1378.jpg

Weatherby Accumark, Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20X, Kenton Ind. turret, Harris swivel bipod, Vortex level.

So far best group is 180gr TTSX @ 3370fps for a .287" group @ 100 yds. Had the turret set for that load @ 7500ft altitude and 40f temp.

Very nice gun . It is amazing that a fairly light gun in 30-378 can shoot such a tight group . You are at about the same spot as me only having to fit a pod lock . I like the custom turret option also. Just remember that shooting up or down a steep hill will also change your trajectory . I guess you already know that . What will you hunt with that rifle , Elk maybe ?

thanks for the replies, yes this will be an elk (and muley) gun and I am going to S TX this fall and hope to take a Nilgai with it as well. Lots of long shots where I hunt and I had to pass on a couple last year due to limitations of the rifle. I have the podlock on order but it has not come in yet. The Kenton turret is very nice and I can still use the holdovers on the Zeiss Varmint Z reticle as well, have the holdover #'s printed on the inside of the scope cap.

I will get COAL and post it when I get home.

Yes those are the Bookcliffs from my patio, we just moved up the 6 months ago, the views are incredible.

I almost forgot:

Work was done and load worked up by Rocky Mountain Precision Ammo, Les Szabo. He is a member here and I was thrilled with his work. I know several folks here locally that swear by him as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts