• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

New 284 Win Tikka Shouldered Prefit...Reduced!

Roughrice

Here is a brand new, never mounted barrel that I ordered last year and took too long to get so I bought a used prefit to screw on for last hunting season.
No fault of the rifle builder as they had a long wait for 9 twist #4 blanks to arrive so I just received the barrel this spring and will not be using it.
The used Shilen 24" #3 barrel shot well enough so I decided to keep it on the rifle.

Barrel Specs:
Wilson #4 9 twist 5R SS finished @ 24" with 11 degree crown.
284 Winchester shouldered Tikka Prefit.
I have 4 other Wilson barrels that shoot as good as any and are fast, clean up easily and have bright shiny smooth bores.
This one has a beautifully lapped bore!...See pic of rifling!

$525 Shipped/ REDUCED TO MOVE Now $500 Shipped

PM with any questions

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 78
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    844.8 KB · Views: 83
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    890.2 KB · Views: 84
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    880.1 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
I use 150 BT and ABLR and 162 Eldx for my 284 Win hunting rifles and in long actions

I can measure max COAL or B to O with a certain bullet if you need. I have lots of different 7mm bullets to measure with.

Last edited:
I know people like me are curious about the geometry or dimensions of an already chambered barrel so I checked the chamber with my OAL gauge and 162 ELD-X and 180 Hybrid to give an idea. It deserves a long action configuration.

162 ELDX- 3.106" COAL/ 2.427" B to O
180 Hybrid- 3.204" COAL/ 2.471" B to O

Attached are pics to show where shank sits at neck/shoulder junction.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 54
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:
OK...no love for the 284 Win I guess.
Last bump.... I may hunt down an action somewhere to complete this rifle if it doesn't sell.
Price reduction to $500 shipped.