New .280 build, opinions please

7stw

Well, I'm about to put together a 280 rem . Not in AI. Don't want to fool with fire forming, or expensive brass.
I will be acquiring a Brux #4 contour barrel, and have 99% decided to use a model 670 Winchester as the sacrifice gun. The 670 is just a economy grade of a standard M70, that they used to offers years ago. The action is mint. Actually, the whole gun is in great shape, and is presently in 30-06.
Anyway, my dilemma, and it's really not a major one, but am trying to decide on barrel length. The barrel I will be getting, can potentially finish at 27 in. But this is a non magnum cartridge. I was thinking of 25.5 to 26 in.
Secondarily, as all of us know, Remington actions are easy to get about any stock configuration you want, but not so for a LONG action push feed M70 . I have plenty of time on the secondary issue, but the barrel length issue has me second guessing myself every time I think about it .
I had a wonderful shooting 280 years ago, and tough times paid a visit, and I had to let it go. Haven't been able to find one to replace it, so I'm going to build one. Looking forward to the advice. If this was a magnum build, I probably would go the whole 27 finish, but don't think I need it for this. OPINIONS PLEASE !!!! Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.