New 25-06

Re: New 25-06 SAKO l61r

Hi ,,I enjoy the Caliber 25-06.I share my experience with you. I've hunted with bullet 120 Gr handmade by myself at a distance of 540 yards.I created a moment bullet dead . my Hunt IRAN Ibex IMG_0149.jpg

Last edited:

Nothing like a month late to your post. I have shot 75 V-max over the listed load on H-4350 and Remington 9 1/2 primers in a Sendero with good results. Right at 425 yds. on the last coyote. Even though the wind effected the shot and the dog ran maybe 20 yards, it stops em. I have also had good results over Varget out of a 24" 25-06.

I also have used the 100 grain Nosler Ballistic Tips and it lays them out so flat you have to use a mine sweeper to find them in a picked corn field.

You will probably want another 25-06 in a lighter package (if you don't already have one) after you see what it does.

+10 on more .25-06's to follow!

I met a fellow who long ranged 'otes .......... I asked him how many he had .........

He had three .......

I thought that was nuts til I went to that cartridge and in no time at all .........

........... I had THREE!

You will no doubt want a lighter rifle to go with your Sendero after a while.

I have not tried to go 600 yds. yet but the 4's and 5's are very doable.

(And I did 435 yds with a mere Marlin XL7 with a 22" barrel last year)

My bullet is the 87 gr. Speer TNT HP.

For range stretching or larger animals, you'll want a heavier sleeker bullet or in the case of heavy animals ...... a tougher slug.

Best of luck and ENJOY!

Three 44s

Hi ,,I enjoy the Caliber 25-06.I share my experience with you. I've hunted with bullet 120 Gr handmade by myself at a distance of 540 yards.I created a moment bullet dead . my Hunt IRAN IbexView attachment 46318

pejman khalighi,

WOW! You must have pulled some pretty good strings to not only be able to hunt but acquire swaging equipment ........

......... good on you!

The enjoyment and fullfillment of using a bullet one made themselves is the ultimate!

And for that home made slug to hit it's mark at 500 plus yards in mountainous terrain and do it's job on an animal that is not a "push over" ........ is just about as good as it gets!

Welcome to the forum and I hope you are able to post many more of your exploits!!

Best regards

Three 44s

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts