New .22 Rifle

Discussion in 'Rimfire and Airguns' started by zjfty9, Dec 16, 2008.

1. zjfty9

zjfty9 Active Member

I'm looking at getting a Savage MKII BV. Any other models recommended in this price range?

2. mkg

mkg Well-Known Member

zjfty9,

I have a Savage MKII BTV ( sold only at Dick's I believe, Blued version of the BTVS ) and am very happy with it .
    When I was shopping 22lr the CZ models came up quite a bit 452/453 . While I'm sure they shoot , I just prefered the stock on the Savage.

Mike

3. MarkA

MarkA Well-Known Member

I have owned and shot several of both the Savage and CZ rimfires. On average I would say that "out of the box" accuracy goes to CZ. The Savage while being well made and quite accurate are just not on the same level as the CZ.

I have had a couple of CZ's over the years that would shoot with any upper end (Over $1K) rimfire made. Of course they all won't but again just looking at average accuracy nobody can beat the CZ for the dollar spent. IMHO

4. Wlfdg

Wlfdg Well-Known Member

I have a Marlin 925R that is extremely accurate for a sub $150.00 rimfire. It shoots whatever I feed it well to boot.

5. 7mmSendaro

7mmSendaro Well-Known Member

Between my Dad and I we have 3 CZ 452's and they are all great shooters, especially with match ammo. They shoot the cheap stuff well, but good match ammo really brings them alive.

Merry Christmas!!