New .22 Rifle

zjfty9

I'm looking at getting a Savage MKII BV. Any other models recommended in this price range?

zjfty9,

I have a Savage MKII BTV ( sold only at Dick's I believe, Blued version of the BTVS ) and am very happy with it .
When I was shopping 22lr the CZ models came up quite a bit 452/453 . While I'm sure they shoot , I just prefered the stock on the Savage.

Mike

I'm looking at getting a Savage MKII BV. Any other models recommended in this price range?

I have owned and shot several of both the Savage and CZ rimfires. On average I would say that "out of the box" accuracy goes to CZ. The Savage while being well made and quite accurate are just not on the same level as the CZ.

I have had a couple of CZ's over the years that would shoot with any upper end (Over $1K) rimfire made. Of course they all won't but again just looking at average accuracy nobody can beat the CZ for the dollar spent. IMHO

Between my Dad and I we have 3 CZ 452's and they are all great shooters, especially with match ammo. They shoot the cheap stuff well, but good match ammo really brings them alive.

Merry Christmas!!

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.