New 2006 LEUPOLD RX LRF!!!!

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by mindcrime, Jan 8, 2006.

1. mindcrime

mindcrime Well-Known Member

Check this out!!! Click on "TBR DEMO" and be amazed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

It even tells you HOLDOVER in MOA or inches, click on "View Rifle Ballistic Groups." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

2. JD338

JD338 Well-Known Member

mindcrime,

These look very appealing to me. I am very interested in the RX III, should be ideal for what I am looking for.
    I spoke to Leupold a couple weeks back and was told that
    the MSRP for the RX-III is $499.99 and RX-IV is $599.99.
    Leupold is planning on having all units out by April 2006.

Regards,

JD338

3. mindcrime

The only thing to remember is that the RX-IV is the only one that has ALL the ranging functions (read "Specifications"). The lower models don't take into account the shooting angle, and do not tell you holdover based on your specific model from what the site is telling me. Either way we go, I think there might be a few more elk killed just because of these LRFs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

4. JD338

JD338 Well-Known Member

I missed that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
    Guess I will be looking at the RX IV. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

JD338

5. remingtonman_25_06

remingtonman_25_06 Well-Known Member

I just saw this advertised in a magazine. I need want one badly. It shots a mt goat at 400 yards with a 40 degree angle which in turn would actually make it a 335 yard shot. That is freaking awesome!! Anybody know what the price range will be? If it will go to 1200 yards, should give the Leica and Swarovski's a run for the money. But I would take the Leupold with the angle indicator anyday. I think that is just to cool.

6. mindcrime

[ QUOTE ]
    If it will go to 1200 yards, should give the Leica and Swarovski's a run for the money. But I would take the Leupold with the angle indicator anyday. I think that is just to cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

My ONLY complaint is that they are not BINOCULARS. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Leica actually makes a unit that is an enhanced Geovid that does the same calculations as the Leupold but actually adds a few MORE based on the Earth's rotation and Atmospheric effect too. I contacted them to see about special ordering them, and they are ONLY offered to "Special Forces Units" and not to the general public. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif Go figure, one should be able to buy ANYTHING with enough money. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif Not that I would have enough though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif