New 1000yd .223

7fingers

I just finished putting together a .223 to use in our 1000yd matches at Rayners and thought you guys might like a look. I know that a .223 is not a fantastic thousand yard rifle but the guys that I shoot with decided that they would like to have a .223 1000 yard shoot, and besides that I also figured it would make a heck of a good ground hog rifle so it's kind of a win-win situation for me.

3e5380dce90e74dca9c2f43a08ae0a2f_zpse828573a.jpg

I will be running 80gr bergers. It is a Savage target action a 7Finger chassis and a Savage 1:7 twist barrel I picked up off of a friend. The optics come from Bushnell, 6-24x50 Tactical Elite with the G2DMR reticle. The wind at Rayner's can be brutal which will make this all the more challenging. It just sounds like an awful lot of fun to me.gun)

MY 223AR shooting 77 grain black hills ammo. I was 15MOA to 600 42 MOA 1000. I would guess you would be around 40 min I is using an 18 inch barrel

The wind will be a beep beep beep beep beep beeping beep beeep on a .224. At 600 yds .224 is a challenge to say the least. @ 1000yds should be extreme. I have seen great groups from .224 at long range, but wind is totally different. But you are better equipped than I was with it. God luck and I wanna see some results.

I will be running 80gr bergers. It is a Savage target action a 7Finger chassis and a Savage 1:7 twist barrel I picked up off of a friend. The optics come from Bushnell, 6-24x50 Tactical Elite with the G2DMR reticle. The wind at Rayner's can be brutal which will make this all the more challenging. It just sounds like an awful lot of fun to me.gun)
are you in blue rock Ohio?

I grew up in rural dale about 10 min from there I'm going to stop down there and see about shooting there 1000yrd range I know alot of there family " good people" maybe I'll see you there sometime

I will be there next weekend for the match more than likely on Saturday. I may also be there Thursday to shoot a practice round.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts