Nevada Mule Deer area 041,042

Greg Duerr

Four points and I would love to see a tag in the Mail..............................Hunted Buck Antelope in this area and saw several really nice Mule Deer Bucks. Its a sleeper area. Low sage and juniper hills nothing much over 6000. An area that requires lots and lots of glassing with nice binoculars................................my favorite area.

Greg

Not many tage offered. and a low success rate, I think its because a lot of people I have run into when in the area drew it as their last choice. I put in for it last year but had area .043 as my second and drew it.....................I turned in the tag as I had no one that wanted to hunt with me, and I did not want to hunt alone. its a lot easier getting a nice buck out when you have help

041, 042 gets a lot of hunters out of Lovelock as Lovelock is in the area.....Its a huge area runs north of Fernley on the east side of Winimucca lake and all the way to Winimucca.

Hi Greg. I have been bird hunting in these zones. Have seen some nice bucks. Water holes off the main roads late evening. Bob

Bob its my favorite area ..........................never know where your going to find a buck. What part of the zone do you hunt chukar in ?

Hi Greg Last year i hunted the lava beds and around Eugene mt. birds were few and far between. I don't have a dog make it hard. Might get a dog this year. I bow hunt, put in for above Elko, will know in a few days if I get anything.

Ive never hunted the Lava beds, did you see any deer over there this last year? I have hunted the Eugenes and Majuba a lot both areas were great for deer and antelpe............Im hopeing for a great chukar year.

Ive hunted Cow creek at the north end of seven throughs, not sure how to spell it....................................Thats my favorite area of Nevada

Hi. Greg. I have hunted the same places. I am hoping for a better year. What kind of dog do you have

I have had wirehairs in the past but about three years ago I bought a Pudel Pointer. Best Dog I have ever had .......................it took me one season to learn how he hunted after I trained him. He has an incredable nose, points birds 100 yards out ..........................he does not like to get in places where he can not see me and I hardly ever have to whisle him back in. Two years ago when there were lost of birds, I only hunted three times last year, he pointed 11 coveys on two different occasions and once he pointed 10 coveys. I purchased him from www.cedarwoodgundogs.com Bob Farris gives you a one year guarentee, a 100% money back...............if for any reason you dont want him. Because of how Sam works birds two other friends have purchased dogs from Bob Farris. All Males and Females that are in his breeding program have to test high in the North American Versitale Hunting Dog tests........................One of the great things about them is that they are very loving dogs with you and other pets that you might have. The bonuse is that they are super water duck dogs as well.
Do you live in the Reno Area? Email me if your interested @ [email protected] I will take Sam out and you can see him.

Greg

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.