Nevada Draw Results

Thats a great area...................Lots of good bucks and some great wilderness area's. I have always wanted to hunt the Arc Dome area. Maybe next year I might do a Muzzle loader drop camp. Are you familure with that area. Two guys I work with hunted the area..................I will ask where .....

G

pretty familiar with it. I,ve spent some time in the arc dome in the past. access is difficult if the weather comes in. one good thing is you can see a long way down there.

Arc Dome area? Yep, awesome place for big bucks... to fully get the benefit you
need horses and good ones.

I've been hunting there at least twice, seen big boys but folks on horse backs
get ahead of one on foot and as much noise as them hooves make and you
being behind... doesn't look good... great area though.

Im looking into doing a drop camp into Arc Dome.....................For next year, Muzzle loading ......................I need a partner though...............

G

if anyone has been there recently I would absolutly appreciate some intel. or if there is an area I should look at please pm me and i will keep the information confidential if you want.
thanks

I will check the odds for drawing a area 17 Muzzle loader deer tag. In the past I know that most outfitters wont do a Drop Camp for Rifle. I have done three drop camps for Muzzle loader and all were good hunts. Never saw another hunter yet saw some really nice bucks. I killed one really heavy beamed 5x5 in area 16 Table Mountain, and a 4x5 in area 10. I also killed my biggest buck in area 10, 5x4 with nice eye guards, 27 1/2". The outfitters I talked to dont usually do Muzzle loaders , mostly rifle and bow so its a nice fill in for them. One guy told me that he would pack me in right below the top of Arc Dome PK. He said that about three years ago he took in four guys from California for a DC Muzzle loader hunt and all four were filled out in three days.
If you want the best area to draw, even though there are few rifle tags for that area it would be 041-042. For a non-resident the odds are close to 50/50. Last year while hunting antelope I would see four really nice Mule Deer Bucks feeding every morning below some rim rocks.
I will get some info on 17 and post it tomorrow..............For the Price of a DC its a cheap vacation and worth the money if you can find somone who will pack you into a really good spot. Some guys out there will work to take you up as high as you want to go..................

G

G

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.