Nesika problems, now what?

ericpetritz

I have been planning on building a 6.5/284 using a Nesika KT action. I have been reading that people are having customer service problems with Nesika recently. With that in mind does anyone have suggestions for an alternative custom action? I want to build a repeater that is not overly heavy (I plan on using a #5 fluted barrel). I would like to use a short action in conjunction with a Seekins detachable magazine system so I can seat 142 grain bullets to the neck/shoulder junction and maintain reliable feeding (approximately 3.050" OAL). I want a stainless action. Any recommendations? BAT? Borden? Other?

Hello,

B-----A-----T

They are good folks.

I have been talking with them about a new action for the long range hunter that would provide the strength for the larger cases as well as handling more barrel weight.

They are going to do some research on it and check out the feasability. Anyway, they are easy to work with.

James

my gunsmith uses lawton and pheonix. I have both and they are bothn nice actions. the original founder of nesika started up pheonix actions. Talk to your gunsmith I am sure he/she will have some rec.

Brent

All mentioned are great receivers. Also, do not overlook the Borden receivers. Extremely high quality. If they had a Lapua receiver they are likely the only receivers I would use for conventional chamberings.

Again, all mentioned will serve you very well.

I have been planning on building a 6.5/284 using a Nesika KT action. I have been reading that people are having customer service problems with Nesika recently. With that in mind does anyone have suggestions for an alternative custom action? I want to build a repeater that is not overly heavy (I plan on using a #5 fluted barrel). I would like to use a short action in conjunction with a Seekins detachable magazine system so I can seat 142 grain bullets to the neck/shoulder junction and maintain reliable feeding (approximately 3.050" OAL). I want a stainless action. Any recommendations? BAT? Borden? Other?

PM sent.

OK, thanks for the replies. It sounds like it is going to be a Borden or BAT. Now the question is what length action to get. I would prefer a short action but I understand there will be a fair amount of machining to set it up for the longer magazine. Have any of you guys built a 6.5/284 repeater? I am curious how you set it up so you could seat the bullets out and maintain repeater functionality---do a bunch of work on a short action or move up to a long action?

can i ask how much difference in COL length is there between seating a bullet to be able to feed through a short action and the length it would be seated out for maximum chamber capacity forcing you to use a long action?

BAT makes the best actions. If you had planned on a Nesika, the BATs are better and roughly same price.

Hello,

Of the ones you are considering. The BAT company has by far the best customer service and customer relations that I have seen.

I have had poor service out of the other two that were mentioned. Specifically, on one, we were attempting to purchase a complete rifle that was in stock and requested some photos....... They just could not get around to it in a week period and had an excuse of a bad back preventing them from taking the photos. Now, I know that all of these companies have more than one person capable of using a camera in an effort to sell one of their advertised guns...... They also have folks who can answer emails and send out information. But they chose not to do it.

Stick with the BAT and I think you will be very happy with the service and the products and I bet you will get fewer excuses.

James

I don't think they are talking about the quality of the action.

It has been suggested that Nesika is suffering from financial problems.....No offense intended, just thought you should know.

Oh, make no mistake, they are suffering from financial problems. It's exactly why I left. Two weeks after I bailed (June 06) they filed C11. (I was the production manager and head GS for three years)

Rumors from back home say they (Dakota/Nesika) got an eviction notice here recently cause they are close to 6 figures behind on rent.

I have a genuine affection for the product, but executive level management (not the original owner(s), the people/person who owns it now) has real talent at running good companies straight into the ground.

There are much cheaper and easier ways to dig holes in the earth. . .

Sorry to hear that.

I hope you got paid....Nothing worse than an owner going broke and not paying his guys.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.