Nesika Actions

DRS

I am building my first full custom long range varmint rifle.Would like opinions on Nesika actions and which case 22-250 AI or 22-243?
Thanks

The Nesika is a good action, but for the money, look at Jerry Stillers actions such as the Viper, Diamandback, Rattler, Python etc. They are $950 and come with trigger guard and tapered rings. That saves $200 at least over others.

He also is making a new one for custom varminters called the Predator that is about $650 I think. Here is a link to an article on them http://www.6mmbr.com/index.html The article is on the home page, about 3/4 the way down in the blogs on new products.

His actions are second to none and are used by lot of BR shooters both the short and long range game. they are strong and extremely smooth operating.

BH

The 22-243 is a very interesting cartridge but it heats barrels and wears throats rather quickly. That would really limit your trigger time with the new rig.

I'd opt for a 22-250 with a 9" twist, maybe even an 8".

Nesika sells their own custom varmint rifles. I've never seen one that wasn't in a magazine but it may be worth looking into.

...bountyhunter... I agree with you, I have a Stiller Predator action on order... should fill the niche between the Rem's & customs very well... looks like delivery around Christmastime... we'll know soon, hopefully... anyway, good shooting & Merry Christmas to everyone... Larry

A good benchrest friend told me once "you true up a remington 700 then what have you got" I have A total blue-printed and trued 700 done by a nationaly very well known smith...and what have "I" got...so I bought a NESIKA J and I have never ever looked back a custom action is always every cent worth it...
mine will accept ppc bolt face as well as 308 bolt face calibers it makes it very versitile...you have and intsant "switch barrel" set up ...its very smooth and they look good...kevin brown set a world record (1000 yd) with a NESIKA J....I have found almost any custom action to be a great investment

Here is another great Custom action, by Barney Lawton of Lawton Rifle bbls. web page

contact him for the details, Barney said they are made from 416R stainless very smooth actions, made for 700rem triggers with trigger hanger. Prices are resonable.

DRS, I USE BAT ACTIONS ON MY CUSTOM RIGS. I HAVE A 8.5 BAT ON MY 6.5X284 AND 10" BAT ON MY 338 LUPA IMPROVED. I WOULD HAVE TO SAY THAT I AM SPOILED NOW, AND I WOULD HAVE A HARD TIME BUYING ANY OTHER ACTION. BAT ACTIONS ARE WORTH THE MONEY. LOOK INTO BAT ACTIONS BEFORE YOU MAKE YOUR FINAL DECISION. BAT AND NESIKA BAY ACTIONS ARE WORTH THE MONEY, HOWEVER, I PERFER THE BAT ACTION BECAUSE THEY WAY THEY FEEL, OPPERATE, THEIR APPEARENCE AND THE QUALITY OF WORKMENSHIP THAT GOES INTO THE THEM. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR DECISION

I too have the 10" BAT and Stiller Python, Nesika but for the money on a custom "varmint" rig, I think the Predator is the go to action. You have a custom 700 size action that is twice as tight as a tuned 700, cheaper considering the blueprinting costs and slightly more loose (.003) than a full blown BR action. You can go singleshot or magazine depending on how your order it and all for same price.

Now if money is no object, then BAT is top of the list in my opinion. However, for varmint rig that is custom, tighter and smoother than a tuned 700 but not as tight as a full blown BR gun, then the Predator fits the bill and saves $300-500.

For varmint caliber, go to Richards microfit website link at at www.6mmbr.com and read about his favorite LR varmint caliber the 6mm Ack imp. Not a barrel burner and super ballistics and great accuracy. The 22-243 is a barrel burner supreme. Might consider the 22 BR instead.

I will say that my Stiller Python is just as smooth and fast as my BAT and cost $400 less.

BH

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.