Neofite to LRH Intro & First Question

ARAT454

Hello to all of you fine and interesting folks! I was out searching for materials for the 2nd gen modifications to what I will refer to as a 'target pistol' of mine and happily stumbled across this site.

I am a neofite in this arena though I do enjoy accurately placing a pellet downrange be it .177, .22, .223, .25. .30 or .454. I began with BB guns in my youth (that was a few minute ago) as I'm sure many others have and received instructions from my father and mother and others as I've continued my outdoors pursuits.

I backpack, fish, climb, prospect, shoot targets, hunting is currently limited, explore and just enjoy being "out there". I started out when there were fields surrounding the Detroit Michigan area. I've stopped in Illinois, Arizona, Virginia, Oregon, Washington and am currently existing in the state of confusion, California.

I work in the Medical Device Catheter manufacturing field performing extrusion related disciplines {that is I make tubing like soda pop straws} be it operating the equipment, debugging it (consulting), designing it or starting companies involved in producing new technologies related to these items. Note here: I do not have a college diploma but have been graced with the ability to perform well in these areas. Currently I am employed but I would like to find employment in another state. Suggestions are/will be appreciated!!

I am in need of two 10" pieces and one ~4.6" piece of a good quality picatinny rail for mounting to the top and bottom of a 1" O.D. barrel and the receiver of my .22 Ruger MkII pistol. The rail can either be 'stock' with a flat bottom or could have a 1/2' Dia. Radius cut to the bottom with a final thickness of ~ 0.300" from the CL of the radius to the top of the rail. I would prefer an untreated Aluminum finish though black would be acceptable. I do want a rail with full width stopping blocks (no cut out down the center length of the rail bar). Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated! I've put a few hours into locating the rails, have seen what I assume is a quality rail at Brownells, one I suspect is an import of minimal quality from another vendor but I would so like to hear from folks that have been dealing with suppliers and have identified quality sources for these rails. Ahead of time Thank you for your help!! The pistol is seen below in its 1st gen appearance.

As I mentioned I enjoy exploring so I will also include one photo of a place I walked into in ~ 2009. This is a rugged mountain canyon without human trails. At the back of it is a 500' water fall on one side as well as a cascading creek some distance off to the right side. There are pools in the creek that have not been fished in a long time and have not been fished by myself, yet. A 60' drop needs to be negotiated with ropes before one can stand at the pools edge and I was not equipped for that when I was there.

Enjoy, ARAT454

Attachments

• 200_0068.JPG
    200_0068.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 98
  • 176_7661.JPG
    176_7661.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 91
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.