need winchester help

pressman

i have a model 670A Winchester in a 243 caliber
i am looking to mount a scope on this rifle and i need to buy the bases. would like a one piece mount. I can find one?? is the 670A the same as the 670? and will the ones for the model 70 work?

somebody has got to know this?

As far as I know the 670 was just a cheaper version of the model 70: blind mag, birch stock, no glossy finish. A model 70 base should fit.

Midway offers mounts for 670. I think they're weaver mounts.
If I'm not mistaken, short action/wsm (not wssm) model 70 mounts fit. I could be wrong tho.
Sorry I wasn't more help

Mine is 670A not sure what the A stands for but everything i have found you are correct but on the other hand i have found much. Thank you so much for the quick reply

i also think this is a long action because you load it from the top so if it was a short action you could not get a loaded round into the box? the opening is 3" is this correct thinking?

I had a 670A, it had the same action as the Model 70 except for finish and blind mag. And no shroud over the cocking piece. They all had the same length long action, as the Model 70. The shorter rounds were accommodated by changing the length of the bolt stop and a spacer in the magazine.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.