NEED To watch this guy!!! Tiborasaurusrex

Ok thanks for all of the information you have provided for me. I know that Tiborasaurusrex stated that the percieved maximum range of a cartridges bullet is limited by its maximum supersonic range I was wondering about subsonic cartridges such as the whisper cartridges I'm particularly interested in 50 caliber cartridges like SSK's 510 Whisper considering that it will push a 750gr Hornady A-Max to 2100 yards and still have 1000 ft lbs of energy what do you think. Thanks in advance for any and all thoughts, opinions, and answers.

With subsonics, flight time is probably going to be the limiting factor, not to mention crazy drop....

7mmShooter I agree with you about the time of flight and the crazy amount of drop being the limiting factor when using subsonic rifle cartridges. I just figured that the time of flight, wind drift, and drop could be compensated for or is it just too much to be compensated for ?

7mmShooter I agree with you about the time of flight and the crazy amount of drop being the limiting factor when using subsonic rifle cartridges. I just figured that the time of flight, wind drift, and drop could be compensated for or is it just too much to be compensated for ?

It could be compensated for to an extent, but it gets pretty ridiculous once you start past about 600 yards.

750gr Hornady Amax, 1050fps, standard conditions 500-2000 yards, drop and drift are in mils.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-02-11-23-04-46.png
    Screenshot_2016-02-11-23-04-46.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 14
Yeah, true. I was thinking more just a standard dial and hold, I totally forgot about the adjustable bases and things of that nature:rolleyes: you may be on to something here!:D

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.