Need to vent......

drwindmill

I sold my 2nd to last 257 WBY to a member on this site and received his cashiers check on Monday and planned to ship last night. Yesterday I noticed when I got done with work that I had 4 missed calls from wife, so I called to check in and she said that I had a problem.......

On Sunday my 5 year old son gave me his Wii remote to put batteries in and I guess I forgot about it. Anyway, I set it on my reloading bench next to my 24" LED tv and the gun and scope to be shipped.

Back to yesterday afternoon my son gets home from school and his little neighbor buddy comes over and they go to get the Wii remote that still doesn't have the new batteries and while they are climbing up my bench they pull my tv down and cord catches my Tipton gun vise with the gun and scope to be shipped held tightly in place and all fall onto my Lead Sled. Tv screen now has a hole from the elevation tightener, gun barrel has a 7.5" scratch, and scope tube is dented. I shipped back the cashiers check, and learned not to ever set anything that belongs to my kids on my bench

The good news is neither kid got hurt.

Anyone interested in a scratched to hell Weatherby and dented Zeiss??

Brake it down! Use or sell the action, use or sell the stock and maybe contact zeiss to see what they can do about replacing the tube! Maybe they will have some mercy on you!

Can't look any worse than when I rolled my atv 2 years ago. I knew it wasn't gonna be good when I got up and saw my 300 RUM still under the wheeler and the butt stock laying about 10 feet away. Went back into town for a new stock. Threw it on and went back out for an evening hunt. The hell you say...

Id been saving my $$ all summer, as a kid. Had my brand new win lever 22. Turned on to my friends road, gravel on my bike, lost balance barrel in spokes, us both in the dirt, neither of us looked good after that:D

Duracoat anyone? It covers everything. Ship the scope to Ziess, the are in America and prices are reasonable (better than Leupy) for repairs.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.