• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Need to Sell this week 338 EDGE

Sloverado

I have to sell my new hunting rifle. Its a new custom built 338 Edge. It ways in just above 10 pounds on house scale. When I say new I mean new. New 300 rum action never fired tell test fired after build. I have a brand new stainless action that has been fully blueprinted, Tubbs recoil Lug, a Hart 28" stainless 1-10 twist #7 contour. It is 1" at muzzle. It has a break and a fully adj cheek piece and recoil pad on a a-5 style stock. It has a 6-25-56 New Millett scope I just mounted on there a few weeks ago when I got gun shipped to me. Also you will be getting 300 Match King 300 gr bullets and 250 250 grain and 120+ once fired brass. I am not going to split up right now. This is a crazy deal but I need to sell it this week. I can do paypal if you send as a gift. Sell whole thing with bi pod and so on for 2100 obo plus freight.

So here is an easy break down and you guys can price it out and see how much you are saving. This is all brand new with one fire to check everything out.

300 rum Stainless blueprinted action
28" Stainless Hart with Break
Tubbs Recoil stainless Lug
A-5 adj style stock in od green with black webbing
6x25x56 with 30mm rings and bases
Bi pod
300 300 bullets
250 250 bullets
120+ once fired Rem brass

Thats not counting all the smith work. Done by a smith around here in the midwest by the name R and R Guns.

Attachments

• pix222254187.jpg
    pix222254187.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 7
  • pix282838955.jpg
    pix282838955.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 11
  • pix627000191.jpg
    pix627000191.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 8
  • pix855831518.jpg
    pix855831518.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 7
  • pix890568105.jpg
    pix890568105.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
That's a bell and carlson a-5 stock. Do you have any pictures of groups from that rifle and does it just have factory REM hinged floor plate

Yes it was on Gun Broker for awhile. Opps im sorry about the stock you are correct I was thinking of other edge I have. No I do not have any groups yet. I havent shot it since I got it from smith.

R R Guns from Ulysses, KS did all the work on it. I purchased it from him and havent ever shot it to get an idea how well it will shoot. Not sure what you mean by smells funny but if you would explain I would like to know. Here is the auction you guys are I assume are talking about

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=237775493

That is correct. It was on there awhile ago.

Last edited:
I think what he means he finds it strange you listed that as a mcmillan style stock and not a bell and carlson which could be.misleading and if you more than one 338 edge you would know the difference. not to mention that if you have 120 pieces of once fired brass somehow y must have shot the rifle and would have an idea of the groups it is capable of. u.less that brass was fired in a different rifle which would be even worse. I believe the gist of what he is saying is you bought some ******** on gunbroker and you are trying to pass it along to someone else

Just seems odd that it has been seen on gunbroker and then you didn't even know what stock it was just generalized it as a mcmillian A5 style stock... which it is. But you don't seem to know intimate details about it... raises some suspicion. That something funny is going on and obviously I'm not the only one that is picking up on it

Yes I have once fired brass. I bought it off of here (300 rum brass) and not going to use it. I bought all Nosler brass and am happy with it. And yes at one time I had 3 Edge's. Here is one I sold to another member http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f25/mcr-338-300-aka-338-edge-76882/ and he will vouch that I am a reliable person. So please dont say that I bought some bs stuff and trying to sell it because neither of these are near that. I have a sporter weight barrel Edge I still shoot. I have am sorry I listed as a McMillan style stock I will make change of it because I am not trying to miss lead anyone. Im a pretty standup person and learn stuff from you guys everyday.

Hey guys, I'll step in and stick up for Ryan. I'm the one who bought the other Edge from him, Ryan sold me the gun and waited until I had the funds, he shipped it as soon as the payment was sent and provided tracking. Everything went smoothly without one problem. He also had this for sale at the same time and what he stated in the above description is what he told me, he did make a goof on the stock description but let him correct it. I talked to him several times on the phone and he explained to me why he needed to sell it.
He does own a couple 338's so I'd give him a chance.
IF you want to get a good reference for him shoot me an email and I'll be happy to do it.
By the way Ryan, the gun shoots great. I had a chance to test it out yesterday and was very impressed! Kevin at MCR does fantastic work.
If you want to sell the 300 gr bullets let me know. I'm going to need some.

Dustin

Last edited: