Need to get a good backpack

CC268

I need to get myself a good backpack for hunting. Preferably something that is capable of "backpacking" as I do a lot of hiking when I hunt. A metal frame of some sort would be nice as well as a place to hold my rifle.

The Eberlestock backpacks looks really nice like X1A1, X1E, Team Elk, etc...they all have nice places for the rifle (or bow) to be stored.

Check out the Eberlestock packs, I bet they have one that will work for you, I have a blue widow and it just works.

Spend the money and get a Kuiu pack with carbon fiber frame. You won't be sorry. I've ran eberlestocks and there is no comparison to Kuiu.

Kifaru and exo mountain gear are at the top of my list. The new nomad from kifaru Is the perfict type of pack for what you are wanting to do plus it comes with two rifle carrying options. Pricey but they are bomb proof and will carry more weight than you can without breaking. Not to mention un-matched comfort.

Their 'Gun Bearer' is the best way to carry a rifle I think: Gun Bearers

That gun bearer is pretty slick...I wonder how big of a pack I would need as far as cubic inches...obviously I can't see them in store so it is hard to tell how much I really need.

Keep in mind..I don't mine spending $300 on a pack...but $500 is getting a little insane for a college kid.

I've had a Kifaru duplex frame and now the bikini frame. They are rated to carry well over 100 lbs. and I've done that many times in them and other packs. If u r solo elk hunting in backcountry wilderness, having a backpack designed to take this kind of load when u are hauling in camp or hauling out meat can make a difference on your body. Every pack is designed to carry a certain range of weight. Make sure the one you pick is designed to carry the weight you might pack and it's likely to make your hunt a bit easier on your body than would otherwise be the case.

I've had a Kifaru duplex frame and now the bikini frame. They are rated to carry well over 100 lbs. and I've done that many times in them and other packs. If u r solo elk hunting in backcountry wilderness, having a backpack designed to take this kind of load when u are hauling in camp or hauling out meat can make a difference on your body. Every pack is designed to carry a certain range of weight. Make sure the one you pick is designed to carry the weight you might pack and it's likely to make your hunt a bit easier on your body than would otherwise be the case.

Ditto for kifaru or Stone Glacier. Yeah, they are expensive but you always get what you pay for. Just like optics, sooner or later, you're gonna end up with high end glass.
I have had every pack known to mankind and used them in almost every circumstance. You'll eventually wind up with one of the two listed above.
And you can strap a rifle in various ways on both.

Randy

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.