Need the best detach magazine and bottom metal for Rem 700?

elmerdeer

I have a Stiller Predator action and my guns caliber is a 7mm Dakota.This is a new build. I would like the best detachable mag assembly for this action, my McMillan stock is inleted for the HS precision dbm 300 ultra,but so far my magazine is not feeding my brass well at all, its getting jammed and chewed up!!! So I am getting fed up, is there anything better or should I go with a hinged floor plate? And because my stock is inleted for the HS precision mag assembly what else will fit with out major work preferably just a drop in?
Thx
Elmer

I dont know if it will fit your inletting but the Seekins precision DM looks nice. PM me if your want to sell your HS DM with a price.

The Seekins detachable mag is certainly top notch. The inlet is slightly different than the one you have now for the HS bottom metal. Any qualified gunsmith can mill your existing inlet to fit the Seekins. If you have access to a milling machine, the bottom metal comes with a template and directions for the do it yourselfer...

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.