Need suggestion!!!

stranger

Newby here, this is my first post but long time reader.

just got cz 550 varmint 308 and Millett Tactical Rifle Scope TRS-1 4-16x50mm with burris xtreme rings. scope and rings were gifts.

because cz has different bases, there is 1/8" gap between the bottom of the rings and the bases. therefore, i have two options: buy cz rings or install picatinny bases.

the xtreme rings look rugged and would like to use them.

any suggestions are welcome.

Thank you all for input. that is my goal. I went around the town and asked some gunsmiths about drilling the rifle and screwing picatinny bases and they said it's too hard. also said not many ppl will do that. would anyone know about this?
also i read in shootingtimes magazine article "Fitting scope bases to oddball guns" that this is possible and that there is smith here in NC that is doing it.

for now, i decided for now buying dovetail rings would be best. still planning to drill it in future.

here is how it looks

IMG00020-1.jpg

I just drilled and tapped a CZ 550 for Sam Strong. The gun used to belong to GRIT from this forum. Sam wanted a Ken Farrel base with 20 moa. I called Farrels and got one in a few days. Drilled and tapped the top of the receiver, a slight modification on the base for clearance and it was done. A solid carbide bit and a new tap is all you need. The action is hard but it an be done. I'll post some pics of how it turned out.

$12.50 per hole X 4 holes = $50

Plus $10 for base modification.

$60 total to mount the Farrel base.

Here's a couple of photos of the last one I did.

CZ2.jpg

CZ1.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.