Need some help with Tasco target scope

Block City

I bought this scope for my remington 788 (222) and it has the glove turrets on the scope (6-24x44) could someone explain how u lock in the scope at dead on at 100 yards and then use your turrets to raise the scope for longer distance shots, and then back down to dead on again , how do i know where dead on is again ?

You either have a "zero-stop" feature on the scope or:

you'll have to precisely mark it somehow....or

you'll have to be very careful in counting your clicks so that you can count them back to zero.

Others here with more LR experience may have better ideas. But that's about all I can tell ya.

To reset the zero, you back the set screws out until they're loose, then pick up the turret. Once clear of the gears you can turn the turret back to zero. Once accomplished you then just push it down and screw the allen screws back in. If i'm not wrong there are 3 set screws in each turret. Try not to lose them they are quite small.

Thanks everyone for there help !!!! I called Tasco and he told me same thing 112Savage , take out set screws once you get it set and put it on zero , but it doesnt have a notch for starting place so i guess i can make one .... Thanks Again Guys

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.