Need some creative thinking outside the box

Norm, remember, you can only rebate a rim so far. the sidewalls are grabbing the case. and the bolt is holding it back also. can't have too much gap in between.

Norm, remember, you can only rebate a rim so far. the sidewalls are grabbing the case. and the bolt is holding it back also. can't have too much gap in between.

the only reason I'm thinking of this is that i don't want to change the bolt face of the xp100 to a magnum dia. maybe its not a big deal I'm not sure can you go back to the small bolt face again ...i have never done a change like that.
this should most likely be in another thread.

Several years ago sscoyote and myself dedicated 3 days to LR pd'ing just East of Pueblo,CO with specialty handguns.
The end result was my two longest kills were at 1590 yards and 1800 yards.
The 1590 yard kill was with a center-grip XP in 6mm-284 using the 115 grain DTAC (18" Broughton 5C 1-8 twist, MV 2725 fps).
The 1800 yard kill was a rear grip XP in 6.5-284 using the 140 A-Max (17" Krieger 1-8 Twist, MV 2775 fps).

We had some great conditions on parts of those days, not to mention some luck:D

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.