Need Rem. Take-off barrel in 338 Win.

Discussion in 'Gun Parts - Stocks, Barrels, Actions, etc.' started by rudyortiz, Jan 21, 2008.

1. rudyortiz

rudyortiz Member

Hello everyone. I just purchased a Left Hand Rem. LSS in 338 RUM but prefer to have the 338 Win. (when you're a lefty you get what you can). If anyone has a Remington SS barrel in 338 Win. in new or excellent condition, I would love to hear from you.
    Regards,
    Rudy:p

2. J Miller

J Miller New Member

338 Barrel

If you find a barrel I would be interested in your barrel in 338 RUM. Let me know. John

3. Sendero_Man

Sendero_Man <strong>SPONSOR</strong>

check snipershide, they have a high volume of stuff go thru over there....

4. D.Camilleri

D.Camilleri Well-Known Member

Why not just down load your ultra mag to win mag velocities. I removed a win mag to build another ultra mag, but it is a blued barrel. You will also need to change the follower and magazine box to make the rounds feed. You might have a problem with the win mag cartridge feeding proper due to the wider clearance in the ways with the ultra mag cartridge. When I rechambered my win mag to accept the ultra mag, the ways in the action had to be opened up for the casings to feed.

5. orwapitihunter

orwapitihunter Well-Known Member

Rudy,
    If you still want to go with the 338 win mag, I have a take off barrel. It's a 24" stainless sporter contour with between 100 and 150 rounds through it. I killed one elk with it before I changed my plan and rebarreled to a different caliber. It will need a light bead blast to look new as it has a few rub marks from sitting around. If you are interested I will ship it to you for $40. As to if it will feed or not you could try running a few 338 win mag rounds through your action. That might point out feed rail problems.

m

6. rudyortiz

rudyortiz Member

RUM to Win Mag

Mr. Camilleri: I need to look into your comments. Hadn't thought it would a big deal in terms of the mechanics of the action.
    Thanks,

Rudy

7. rudyortiz

rudyortiz Member

RUM to Win. Mag.

I'll try that and let you know.
    Thanks,
    Rudy