Need reduced load for 7mmWSM

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Sako7STW, Feb 7, 2010.

1. Sako7STW

Sako7STW Well-Known Member

I am going to be doing some reduced loads for my sons 7mmWSM with 120 gr Barnes TSXT's. The manual lists a minimum load of 67.5 gr of RL19.

What can I go down to?? I want to reduce recoil for him as much as possible!

2. Sako7STW

TTT Anyone??? I dont need the exact load, i just need to know how you come about finding a safe reduced load.

3. MontanaRifleman

MontanaRifleman Well-Known Member

Reducing loads too far can be dangerous. I personally wouldn't go much lower than published minimum. I'm guessing a minimum load of RL17 would produce good velocity with low pressure and probably reduced recoil. If I was looking for a good reduced load, I would start with RL17.

-Mark

4. 41mag

41mag Well-Known Member

Check out the Hodgdon Youth loads in the Data section on their site. IF there is a load listed for H-4895 then you can take it and use their 60% ruls and reduce the load using that powder.

It has worked great for me in several calibers making very accurate reduced velocity loads.

Hope this helps

5. loaders_loft

loaders_loft Well-Known Member

hornady manual shows data for 120's down to 3000fps. 61.1gr for RL19. The hodgdon's youth section is a good idea too.

Whenever I need a minimal min load, I look to the Hornady manual...

L_L

6. Sako7STW

Thanks so much guys!! Feel a little better about a place to start.