Need pistol Info PLEASE!

As I said the Ruger is the 1911 of the rimfire world.

They shoot really well and can be made to shoot even beter if you need that.

Furthermore, you should be able to get spare parts 20 years from now. That aspect should not be underestimated!

If you aren't shooting rimfire competitvely I see no reason not to get one and even if you are, they can be a pretty good choice (I'm told).

Just my view....

I would say either the Ruger MK2 or the Browning Buckmark. Have him handle both and try out the triggers. I ended up choosing a target barreled Buckmark and in the last year have probably run 5 bricks through it. just an amazing pistol.

Ordered Zach his pistol and we picked it up the other day! :)100 rounds through it already. I will post a pic of what we got. Seems to be way more accurate then good old Dad allows it to be,lol :DZach is getting good already.What a great sport.

Ordered Zach his pistol and we picked it up the other day! :)100 rounds through it already. I will post a pic of what we got. Seems to be way more accurate then good old Dad allows it to be,lol :DZach is getting good already.What a great sport.

So when all the dust settled, what did you decide on?

Weight and grip were our deciding factors. Walther has joined our family:DI will post some pics of Zach( proud Dad,lol) soon. I have a sports show to head out to in the AM. 3 days of talks in front of the crowd( I think I will drag Zach up with me to bug him a bit,lol) And we are manning the Remington booth.Looking forward to it all,except the talks,lol.

Weight and grip were our deciding factors. Walther has joined our family:DI will post some pics of Zach( proud Dad,lol) soon. I have a sports show to head out to in the AM. 3 days of talks in front of the crowd( I think I will drag Zach up with me to bug him a bit,lol) And we are manning the Remington booth.Looking forward to it all,except the talks,lol.

Congrats on the Walther. My wife sure loves hers. (so do I, but its pink...shhhh:D)
Man Id be happier than a bear with a full cookie jar to go do a booth. I love that kind of stuff. Im always runnin into people I know there, no matter what state Im in. Good folks tend to congregate in simmilar places.
Remember your living the dream!!! Most of us regular everyday guys wish we had the resources to do what you do for a living. Ive guided whitewater and fishing trips on the Deschutes, and ''buddy-guided'' friends to bears and deer and elk, and called ducks and elk for buddies, and even been the ''go to'' guy to call at 3AM when a buddy says hey, just got cell service, we got one down WAAAAAAY back in there. wanna help?? I get all kinds of excited just because I love to do it, and its my passion. Remember how lucky you truly are to do what you do for a living, even when its the boring stuff, and youll have fun.

zachwalther.jpg

zachwalther1.jpg

OH YA , the huntfest went really well. Zach and I worked the Remimington booth.We also did some talks.No pressure but we did the talk before Jim Shockey came on,lol Went alright. Zach stole to show though. EVERYONE knew him as the kid that long range shoots,lol.The second day the public talk was 80% just him and how he hunts critters with pistols and rifles and shot this and that,lol. The crowd loved him. They are getting him back to do his own talks in the bigger show in 2 weeks in Edmonton Alberta.I hope he doesnt leave old Dada to far in the dust,lol.
remingtonhuntfest2010.jpg

speakinghuntfest2010.jpg

Very cool! Im glad all went well at the show. Tell Zach congrats on the pistol too, and we're all cheering him on!:D Public speaking is an acquired tallent, thats not always easy for some folks. Looks like he's getting plenty of practice early, once again good job dad.
Wish you guy's the best

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.