Need PC help ASAP...Heeelllpppp (dont click on links)

G

Well Jr went on some who knows web site now I'm getting all kid of errors on the PC..Trying to access the net etc. I cant even think of doing a system reload right now and want this stuff off.

Any suggestions on a good virus / firewall/Registry cleaner etc.

I'm gonna choke that boy!!

Lab

Re: Need PC help ASAP...Heeelllpppp

Just noticed STUFF was a link now...What the heck is all this junk.

Beter yet

What is the best way to backup my email then format and reload. I cant loose all my emails or email directories with all my address in it

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I notice as well everytime I type a certain word...It turns into a link.....

Lab got get system mechanics vol #5 professional asap and it will have all the programs you need. It has anti virus, registry cleaner and several more very usefull programs. It helped me out somewhat and I was having the same trouble you are.

If you use Outlook, then you can download a plug-in from microsoft that will back up your email. You can also export your email account settings to a file.

Sounds like you have a web browser hijacker or something. Maybe try Microsoft's new removal tool.

If you have Windows XP, you may be able to go back to the last system restore point. You will any data that is after that restore point, but it should get rid of whatever garbage you have.

Good Luck!

I got mine at walmart for under 40 bucks. It found 3 viruses and cleaned all tracks from internet sites and fixed all my registry problems. I haven't got mine fixed 100 percent due to one of the viruses corrupting some files for my email at msn but I got back on the internet and now surf faster than before. It should help you out!

If it's the same virus I had it will not let the system restore itself. I tried it three times and it kept saying nothing had changed since the last point was created. I even tried a restore point that was 3 months old to no avail. I tried for two weeks on my own to figure it out and then got the system mechanics volume #5 pro and in 4 hours had most of it working again and by the time I got finished the second day I worked with that program I had it all fixed except for my corrupted files.

Microsofts tool found nothing. I'm running a virus scan now. Something is trying to load on windows startup but I get an EXE error. Thank god I have internet disabled until I need it then I enable.

Lab go to your cookies and clean those up. Those pesky viruses hide there and migrate. Spyware will try to launch programs on there own like you stated yours is doing. You need to run a spyware check program if you have one. If you end up getting the program I was talking about it has one on it also. You will be amazed at all the stuff that attaches itself to your computer while browsing the net.

I'm willing to try anything. I also noticed some new shortcuts on my desktop. Anti spy program and some other stuff

That boy is lucky he aint home right now

I'm not going to guarantee that yours is but those spyware programs will parade themselves as anti spyware programs so you will launch them thinking you are helping your computer when you are actually hurting it letting those programs gain more info!!

Re: Need PC help ASAP...Heeelllpppp (dint click on links)

My grandson put in a couple of programs in my PC he got for free from www.komando.com out of the shareware section I have ,zone alarm firewall, AVAST & AVG as anti virus, and ad ware personal for spy ware. All are free to use and with ad ware we found 137 spy programs, with AVAST I found several worms, and Trojans. AVG, and AVAST checks your e-mail coming and going. I have not had a problem since he put them in. The zone alarm comes in a demo for the pro version you want to check the firewall box it has no limit on use it lets you know when someone is trying to get into your computer as well. Avast will go through your computer and find every bug in it and remove it. It will also stop bugs in incoming e-mail but still let you know who sent it.
HEY their free and they work.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.