Need opinion on RCBS ChargeMaster Powder Scale and Dispenser Combo 110 Volt

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by barnesuser28, Mar 18, 2012.

1. barnesuser28

barnesuser28 Well-Known Member

Does any body own a RCBS ChargeMaster 1500 Powder Scale and Dispenser Combo 110 Volt? How well does it work? Does it throw charges accurately and fast?

2. woods

woods Well-Known Member

Mine has for 4 years and running

Sometimes it will drop .1 or .2 grains over but just take a small scoop and scoop out a half dozen granules and it will be exact

Adding a cut off straw to the end of the dispense tube will decrease overruns

[​IMG]

3. Sully2

Sully2 Well-Known Member

Its the greatest thing since sliced bread. On the occasions that it doesn't throw a charge dead on accurate...its so close it doesn't matter. .1 or even as much as .2 grains isnt going to cause me any trouble at all.

I dont know how I got along without it.

4. kstrick

kstrick Well-Known Member

I think it was the best reloading investment that I ever made.
    I checked the accuracy with scale weights. I weighed my scale weights on a pharmaceutical grade scale. The weight difference between the charge master and the pharmaceutical grade scale were nill. The difference being literally a half a stick of powder.
    It is fast and the measurement is right on the mark.
    Get it!

5. sp6x6

sp6x6 Well-Known Member

There was a post where the straw trick,with little wedges cut out worked well. I just have scale at this point , and throw charge and trckle. With plan to get measure in future