Need Local Gunsmith Around Baton Rouge, LA.

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by 7mmstwuser, Aug 10, 2009.

1. 7mmstwuser

7mmstwuser Active Member

Help!
    I'm looking for a good gunsmith with quick turn around on installing a muzzle brake and tactical bolt knob on a Remington Sendero. I'm looking at a Badger Bolt knob, unless someone has one a little bit smaller. Also, looking for either a vias brake or quick discharge Holland Brake, but I'm open to suggestions to improve my shooting with a 7mm STW.

When I said quick turn around I was hoping someone could do it with in a week or less. Is this possible anywhere at this time?

Please Help!

2. eddybo

eddybo Well-Known Member

Call Don Geraci in Independence, LA he can get you fixed up. 985-878-6113.

3. 7mmstwuser

7mmstwuser Active Member

Thanks Eddybo,

I called Don this afternoon. He is getting me fixed up next week!
    Thanks so much!

Dewayne

4. eddybo

eddybo Well-Known Member

Let me know when you are heading to Don's to drop that gun off. If it is around meal time (which is the time I try to coordinate my visits) we can all catch some lunch.

5. 7mmstwuser

7mmstwuser Active Member

Will do! I'll coordinate my drop off time for lunch! I will let you know ahead of time which day it will be. If I need to call you I will get your number from Lance or Jimbo, if that is alright.

6. eddybo

eddybo Well-Known Member

Sure you can give me a holler anytime. Don will probably let me know. I call him every morning on my way to work and laugh just about all the way here. That old cat has a real knack for making me spit coffee on my windshield......but it makes the day better when I start it in a good mood.

7. Rustystud

Rustystud Well-Known Member

You might give William Roscoe a call 318 422-0421 at LA Precision.

Nat Lambeth

8. eddybo

eddybo Well-Known Member

Yea, WM Roscoe would do a great job also, and he seems to be a heck of a great guy. But, he is further away from Baton Rouge than Independence.

9. Doug Gary

Doug Gary Member

Don Geraci built a 300 RUM me and also built one for my hunting buddy, the both shoot well under a 1/2 inch at 100yrds............I also bought a BR6MM froim him, he puts a bullet hole inside each other at a 100 yds with it. He builds a very very nice gun

10. C.O. Shooter

C.O. Shooter Well-Known Member

Red Jacket!

11. hatfield954

hatfield954 Well-Known Member

Red Jacket firearms. They are there in Baton rouge.

12. 7mmstwuser

7mmstwuser Active Member

Thanks guys for the reply today. I had Don Geraci do the work for me already. Plus a few more projects. I dont know if y'all realize that the original post was 8-11-2009, two years ago. Lol no problem though glad to see new people on here.

13. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

L:DL! You have to admit though, people around here are always willing and able to lend a hand. Gotta love it!