Need Info Unit 21 For Deer

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by SHRTSHTR, Oct 20, 2010.

1. SHRTSHTR

SHRTSHTR Well-Known Member

My daughter drew a tag for Unit 21 in Colorado. I started putting her in when she was 14 years old. 13 years later and we are finally hunting deer together again. Her season starts November 6, 2010.

I plan on going up a couple days early to do some scouting. Does anyone have info about this area and maybe a god place to start from? I have heard that the deer in this unit migrate south later in the year. I am thinking about starting around Rangely and working South. Any info would be very much appreciated.

Ray

2. cahunter805

cahunter805 Well-Known Member

Looks like there might be some rain and snow/sleet during the hunt. Hope you have chains for all 4 tires. It gets very slick around there I have heard.. Good luck on the hunt. There will be bucks around just a lot of glassing.

3. SHRTSHTR

SHRTSHTR Well-Known Member

A friend of mine has a tag for 2nd season. That starts this weekend. I may go with him just to scout. My daughters hunt does not start for two more weekends.

No problem with vehicles to get around in, I am well prepaired.

Glassing is my go to method, especially longrange. Area 21 is a big area, hoping to get a little more info about where I might start.

Thanks for the heads up.