• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Need info on remington 700 sps tactical barrel

paulatherton21

i have the hogue stock off of a remington 700 sps tactical rifle... i cannot find the dimensions of the factory barrel anywhere... all i can find is remington heavy contour... i am curious to what bartlein barrel contour that would be equivalent to.. or would a proof research even fit? in sendero or sendero light? any info would be appreciated guys... trying to build a cheaper rifle that I can beat up here in the nasty PA mountains... don't like carrying my lane precision rifles through the brush and in the rocks... have an action... just need a barrel but unsure of what contour barrel to buy to fit the stock...

Look for a Remington Varmint or Sendero contour. #13 bartlein.

Sendero light for a Proof barrel. Their sendero is actually more of a M24 contour (larger than a Remington Sendero).

It should fit but may need a slight sanding here and there to make sure the barrel is free floating the whole length. Shouldn't be anything significant. There might be a slight flex in the stock, so test the clearance with some upward presure on the stock. Attach a bipod and check that it's still free floating with a piece of paper or dollar bill. I'd do that with a factory barrel as well. The hogue stock is plastic, so it'll likely have some flex.

Maybe I should just sell the stock and get a better one

Yes hogue are garbage. Get a nice, cheap bell and Carlson and they fit the sendero contour right from the factory. Plus you can get one off the forum for like $200 so you can beat it up.