need info on .300wsm load

bradnc

let me start off by saying hey.this is my first time to the site.im new to the long range hunting scene.cause i grew up hunting the tight woods of north carolina.well what im looking for is some load data for a .300wsm useing 180 nosler accubonds.i want to get 3000 or 2950 fps.my rifles got a 23" barrel on it thanks-and great site

Hi Bradnc and welcome,
Although not a hunting load this might help.
It was a bit of a struggle to get 3000fps out of my 24" barrelled Win Stealth, however i got 3002fps with a 185grn Scenar using 70 grns of RL22 but this load was starting to get hot, so in the name of safety, i suggest you work up to this load carefully.

Ian.

thanks for the information.i would be happy with 2900fps with the 180 accubond.im tring to work up a load with reloader 19.but im unsure of a good starting point.does anybody know what nosler lists as a max charge with this powder?i dont have their manual cause a friend gave me the box of bullets and i normaly shoot barnes or hornady.

Suggest you go to shotmags.com but work your way up in small incriments as 2,900fps right off is a high pressure load. BE certain you know pressure reading: bolt lift, primer signs, stretch marks etc. Overbore

Try WInchester 760, understand that is what they are loading in their factory stuff. Also might try H-4350, that is what shoots best in my rifles with that bullet.

180 SMK w/WXR

With Rem. 700 sendero rechambered in 300 WSM I chronyed the following loads yesterday with 180 SMKs using WXR (THESE ARE HOT) Accuracy on both was less than an inch at 200 yds

70.3 gr WXR with Fed 215 mag primer - 3050 fps
70.5 gr WXR with Fed 210 match primer - 2975

I will probably backoff to 70.2 with the Mag Primer for final loadings?

A side note was that there was only a 1" drop from 100-200 yards.

The best I could get with H4350 was 2950 before pressure signs start and accuracy went bye, bye!

Re: 180 SMK w/WXR

This is from a Savage Model 12.

Bullet: 168 grain Nosler CC
Powder: 62.5 grains IMR 4350
Brass: Norma
Primer CCI BR-2

100 yd group: av 0.4

2890 fps.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.