Need help

pg637b

looking to build a duty rifle i have a remington 700 adl action varmint barrel that i bought and was going to rebarrel it to a r5 m24 barrel. but a friend said that the action was not as stong as a standard 700 action. this action started life as a dicks special varmint and when i bought it it had a dbm system added to it and a nightmare of a stock! so my thought is, if the action is standard 700 i would like to build it up to be respectable rifle again! and use to at 30 to 600 meter shooting.any thoughts or susgestions Thank You
pg637b

should be nothing wrong with your rem.700.Adl is slightly less expensive version due to no magazine,same quality action no matter what model.since you say it has adetachable mag box then that's what it is even if installed after original purchase. your rifle can be customized the same as any Rem.700,new barrel.stock or after market parts you feel you want! they are a great rifle to start with! :)

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.