Need help with load for 325WSSM

SouthPawShooter

Have a New 325WSM and want to do a load development for it . Berger does not offer any bullets for this caliber. So what are you guys using for this caliber that is great on elk at long distance. I believe it is a 1-10 Twist barrel if that helps.

Have a New 325WSM and want to do a load development for it . Berger does not offer any bullets for this caliber. So what are you guys using for this caliber that is great on elk at long distance. I believe it is a 1-10 Twist barrel if that helps.

I recomend the 200 gr Accubond or the Ballistic tip.

The Winchester loads use a 200 gr Ballistic Silver Tip @ 2950 and 3866 ft/lbs at the muzzle.

It will reach 650 yards with 1515 ft/lbs and 900 yards with 1000 ft/lbs.

Both bullets will perform well at all the ranges out to 900 yards on game.

J E CUSTOM

...I'm shooting the 220gr. Sierra over 63.5gr. of RL-17 @ 2800fps. Very good accuracy, w/ the high BC. it delivers about 13% more energy @ 600yds. w/ 3" more drop, but 3" less windage (10mph full value) over the 200gr. Accubond. Bullets were designed for 8mmRM velocities, so they're a little tougher, have very good penetration/ expansion. Took 2 cow w/ 'em last year, avg. 70% weight retention, both entered the ribs & took out the humerus on the far shoulder...

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.