Need help with finding a custom action

PCTSTALKER

So I finally have enough money saved for a custom rifle. I have been looking at some custom actions, but cannot decide which one to go with. I really like the BAT tactical action from Wolf Precission. I also like the Bighorn, and the Surgeon. Who has personal experience with these actions, and wich would you recommend? I really like all of the state of the art features that the Custom Shooting Technologie's TF1 action has, but its not a repeater and doesn't have a rem footprint. Does anybody make a tactical style action that has a 3 lug floating bolt head, 60 degree bolt lift, integral 20 moa rail, integral recoil lug, long action with a rem footprint? I am sure someone makes one, but I can't seem to find one searching google. Thanks for any help you can provide.

I'm probably not helping at all! I do not have experience with any of the actions above, but recently had a custom built on a Pierce Engineering action. The guys there have been great to work with and even took me through their shop. I was impressed with the attention to detail. I believe they are a sponsor here as well (I see their banner ads from time to time). Anyway, based on my personal experience I have no concerns in recommending them. Maybe worth a look/call as you move forward.

Have fun with your build!

I have a BAT HR with a 20 moa integral rail and I absolutely love it! The BAT guys live about two miles from me and I can attest that they do very good work. My rifle shoots bugholes and is the most accurate rifle I have ever owned.......Rich

I personally like the Borden actions...my custom McWhorter is built on a Borden action and it is really smooth with great tolerances. They really are phenomenal actions.

Mac

Thanks guys. I really like the looks of that BAT tactical action, if the wait isn't that long I'm going to order one.

Thanks. Does anyone have experience with the defiance deviant action? Does it fit a rem footprint stocks?

I went with the Bat tactical action. It's about 8 weeks out, now the wait begins! They have some small actions in stock depending on the bolt face you need if anybody else is in the market for an action. They are also getting another shipment of small actions in 4 weeks. Talked to Jaimie today, real nice people over there at wolf precision. Very helpful. Thanks you guys for all the help. Once I get everything in I will post some pictures of the build. I hate the waiting part.

I went with the Bat tactical action. It's about 8 weeks out, now the wait begins! They have some small actions in stock depending on the bolt face you need if anybody else is in the market for an action. They are also getting another shipment of small actions in 4 weeks. Talked to Jaimie today, real nice people over there at wolf precision. Very helpful. Thanks you guys for all the help. Once I get everything in I will post some pictures of the build. I hate the waiting part.

You will love your BAT action......Rich

I cant say from personal experience, but I highly doubt youll go wrong with a BAT, Borden, Defiance, Pierce, Stiller or Surgeon.

If I was having one built itd be a XHS .338 Allen Express on a BAT action by Mr Kirby Allen.

Financially wise, in reality my next rifle will be a M700 done up with custom heavy barrel, free floated, glass bedded, Mcbros A5/Manners T5/B&C Medalist the whole works chambered in .280 or .300 Sherman.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.