Need help with a stock

ColonialBuff

I need some help with Remington's Classic line. From time to time I have tried to purchase a synthetic stock to fit my Remington Classic LA. Unfortunately, no one seems to know which stock will work. I have looked at many replacement stocks and none are fited for the Classic, only the ADL and BDL. Remington told me only the Police stock would work. Does anyone have a better alternative for a hunting rifle? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I may be wrong, but any stock for a 700 LA bdl should work, as long as the barrel contour is right. I don't understand why you were told only a PSS stock would fit.

your classic action is the same as any other Rem -700 long action , any stock thats cut for a factory LA will fit yours so long as the barrel channel is the same. if the barrel chanel is to small its a pretty easy job to open it up and if its to big then it can be filled.

now all you have to decide is if you want the BDL or ADL bottom metal.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.