Need help with a new hunting pickup

blipelt

I am in the market for a new pickup. I have looked around and found only Chevy/GMC to be the only pickup to offer enough room to place you rifle beside you as you drive. The Toyota Tundra I looked at has a dash that come down vertical so room is very limited. Dodge is much the same. Ford I did not look at yet. So my question is what are you driving and is it hunting friendly? I have a 99 Suburban and besides missing a pickup box it is a good hunting unit. I just want to update because miles are getting up there and the last thing I want to do is break down during my vaction when I should be in the field hunting. Any experience would be greatly appreciated.

Brent

Get a 4 door Ford F-350. Plenty of room in the cab for gear, and the use of a pickup bed to haul your deer and such.
I won't be buying anything from bailout companies.

I will give Ford a gander, don't really need a tonner but I will check out the 3/4 ton. Bailout is kind of the reason I am looking. I don't want to be buying in the near future when the government is telling them how to build the vehicles. Never been much for keeping up with the Jones's but I think now is the time to buy.

Brent

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.