Need help w/ Sicnlair Seating Depth Gage

Agunner012

Thanks in advance. I have a Sinclair Seating Depth Guage #09-400, its been sitting here for a long time. I read the directions several times and haven't a clue on how to use it.

Any help would be appreciated. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

AG

I tried to send you email but it bounced. I can scan my instructions for you and email, or talk you through it on the phone. Drop me an email at don_peacock at hotmail.com

don

Thanks for the reply,

I have the instructions, and haven't a clue on how to use it. If you want email me a contact # and I can call you.

Thanks

Agunner012 (at) hotmail.com

basically pretty simple.

fired case, bullet, cleaning rod and dial caliper

1. drop bullet lightly into the chamber.

2. Put black bore guide into rear of action.

3. install first collar stop on the rod loosely (will be back one in the picture). Notice the indented portion is to the rear of action.

4. slide rod thru guide until touches rear of bullet slightly pushed against lands. Do not jam in, you can shove it about .050 forward.

5. Tighten first collar stop down and remove rod with stop.

6. use cleaning rod to remove bullet out of bore

7. drop a fired case into the chamber

8. install second collar stop onto rod with indent facing toward the chamber.

9. push case forward until seats but not jammed. Tighten rod stop down

10. take rod with two stops locked down out.

11. measure oal of the bullet and write down.

12. measure distance of the two stops on the indents on the rod.

13. Add the two numbers, will give you oal of loaded round with that bullet "touching the lands"

14. repeat process 2-4 times to confirm measurements. Remember pushing too hard will jam the case or bullet and give you inconsistent readings.

When you have one confirmed oal distance with one bullet touching, you can use a comparator to set up any other bullet on the ogive by just measuring your sample with the other and going with the same distance to ogive on the two loaded cases.

BH

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Don and Bounty Hunter, I've got it now!

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice talking with you, let us know how those reloads shoot.

Don

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.