• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Need help on price for full custom rifle please

Rugerdiggs

This is a 338 norma mag, Lawton 400X action, bartlien barrel with muzzle brake, mcmillan stock, not sure of the bottom metal, has a jewell trigger, has dies ( not sure on the brand of those yet, hadnt seen them yet ) has 1 brand new box of norma brass, 60ish once fired, brand new box of berger 300gr otm bullets, and a lb of retumbo. Was built several years ago, serial # is 19XX, he thinks Lawton built it but cant find the build sheet. The guy's uncle had it built and said he didnt cut any corners when building it. The once fired brass is the total round on the rifle, his uncle never got to hunt with it after he got the loads dialed in and has since passed away. Trying to get some kind of value on it before i trade for it, any help will be appreciated, thanks James

The scope and rings are mine, going to try to shoot it soon.
20160820_212701_zpss2k5ty3d.jpg

$3,400 brand new and 10% depreciation for being fired so $3060??

Action: $1200
Barrel: $400
Stock: $650
Bottom Metal and Mag: $200 (its a 338 norma mag so you know the bottom metal isn't cheap regardless of brand)
Jewel: $200
Paint: $150
Labor: $600

$3,400 brand new and 10% depreciation for being fired so $3060??

In my opinion, depreciation would be quite a bit more than 10% on a rifle like this. I'd think more along the lines of 25-30% for a full custom.

In my opinion, depreciation would be quite a bit more than 10% on a rifle like this. I'd think more along the lines of 25-30% for a full custom.

I agree. Used rifle market is down. I'd say at least a 25% reduction for the rifle itself and then maybe add $100 for the "extras". My guess would be somewhere in the $2500-$2600 range for the whole thing would be a fair price to both parties.

I agree. Used rifle market is down. I'd say at least a 25% reduction for the rifle itself and then maybe add $100 for the "extras". My guess would be somewhere in the $2500-$2600 range for the whole thing would be a fair price to both parties.

+1.

$2250 should sell it fast, you might get $2750 if you're patient, $2500 is about right.

+1.

$2250 should sell it fast, you might get $2750 if you're patient, $2500 is about right.

It's a .338 Norma mag though. $2500 on a custom action? It just seems too nice of a rifle. If he was sellin it for 2250 I would take out a credit card and buy it now. Lol.

$2750-3000 with all those components is pretty solid. Not screwing your fellow shooter but also not screwing yourself.

It's a .338 Norma mag though. $2500 on a custom action? It just seems too nice of a rifle. If he was sellin it for 2250 I would take out a credit card and buy it now. Lol.

$2750-3000 with all those components is pretty solid. Not screwing your fellow shooter but also not screwing yourself.

All it takes is one buyer, but sometimes that is the rub. Most people buying custom rigs are going to need more than a 10% discount to entice them into someone else's version of perfection, unless those visions happen to align. It happens, but not very often, in my experience. YMMV

did you sell the rifle. if not hit me with your best price im think of a price lets see how close you come to it

Recent Posts