Need help narrowing down my scope search.

Fire306

I am currently building a custom long range rig based off a Sako TRG-s m995 Action. It is currently getting a Kreiger SS Barrel installed #6 contour, and is being chambered in 7mm STW. I have a Whiskey 3 Chassis from Kinetic research ordered for it.
I would like to work my way out to shooting 1000 yards, possibly further.

I am trying to decide on what optics to put on it. I have several Leupold scopes now, and don't have a complaint about any of them. So naturally, I am looking at Leupolds, but I have also long wanted to try a Nightforce NSX.

I have somewhat narrowed my search down to a Leupold Mark 4 ER/T 6.5-20x50 30mm tube TMR Reticle in either the M1 or M5. (Could use some info on the difference between the M1 and M5) Or, the Nightforce option would be a Nightforce NSX 5.5-22x50 with the NP-R1 or MOAR reticle.

Looking for any info anyone has one either model, reviews would be great. The Leupold is Front Focal Plain, the Nightforce is not. I understand how FFP is important if using the reticle for ranging known sized targets, just not sure how important that is to me.

Thanks in advance

The difference between the M1 and the M5 is the FFP vs SFP that you already mentioned, in addition the M5 is graduated in mil/mil 0.1 or 1/10 mil increments. I have an M5 for sale in the EE now, I have owned 4 different Mk4 series optics and the M5 if my favorite. I have completely switched to FFP optics. I have taken quite well to the Horus system so I am getting rid of all my other scopes.

Also to add to last post,turret matches mil reticle get m5,his scope is great scope and good deal.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.