need help from the pros!!

want to convert xp100R .35 rem to 6.5-284...what will it take..must have!!!

please advise.. oh goo'roughs of pistol knowledge:D

thanks .
Alan

Are you turning this into a rifle or keeping it as a pistol?

A pistol in 6.5/284 is going to be a bit of a handful I think.

I've done a few Xp's in both Remingtons and the Nesika version.

Good luck.

C

C.
I'm planning on doing a pistol build. I realize that it's going to be a beast, but it should'nt be as harsh as the big bore B.F.R.s. that i've shot. I have two xp's in .35 rem...,,one cntr grip from remingtons custom shop,,and a rear grip repeater. Both like new...What would it take convert one of these to 6.5-284?
Is it even cost worthy to do so?....I looked at Nesika's web site.Very nice!! But a little more than I want to spend for just an action.{maybe later though!!}. Maybe it would easier to sell both,,and start from scratch????

thanks for the advise,
Alan,

I believe you can have the bolt face opened up. Most people like the centergrip action for customs because the bottom of the action is solid and can take more abuse, but with a 6.5x284 either one would be fine. I shot my 1st and second antelope with a 6.5x284 pistol, 490 and 220 yards. with a good brake I am using a rifle scope... I would get in contact with Jim See, he goes by 'coyboy' on here. His site is http://www.centershotrifles.com/gallery/ and if you check out the bottom of that page you can see my 7wsm pistol he built :) and one of its groups... I am now pushing a 168gr 7mm bullet at 2900fps, with a 17.5 inch barrel and r17, it has about 2" of strait back recoil so I can get full field of view with a 6.5x20 leupold.

Last edited:
Thanks Matt,

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' BOUT!!! Who made your stock?..Savage action?..or custom.?.....I noticed a couple of F-Class Savages on there too.
Another 'must have' gun in the same caliber...I've just recently discovered the world of " long range shooting". I don't have the funds to "jump into the deep end" yet,,but like every other shooting sport that I've started......i'll be "neck deep".. and lovin' it!!.. before I know it. I'll need all the help I can get!!

thanks for the info,:rolleyes:
Alan.

Mine is built on an undesignated savage target action. The stock is by Neal Cooper, he goes by 'hammertyme' on here. It's a lot of fun and very addicting. I am basicly pretty new to pistols too, this will be my 4th year hunting with only a pistol!

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.