Need help choosing action

Antler24

I'm planning a 7mm Rem Mag build. Will be used for moose/caribou and target, hopefully out to 800-1000yds. I'd like to purchase the rifle this summer, hunt with it through the winter and build it up next spring.
I'm thinking I'll use a savage action, for ease of swapping barrels. I'll also be adding a bottom metal kit, and a manners stock later on as well. I'm not really sure what differences are in the actions. I'm looking to buy a bare-bones model, because I'll be replacing the stock and barrel after the hunting season, but I also want a good action as starting point for the build. Can someone point me in the right direction?

They have a package series that comes with a Nikon scope at a street price of ~$500. Great start to a rifle project. The scope is actually pretty decent for a package gun and can always be used on a loaner rifle or a 22 or something. Sell the stock and barrel when you get a new one and get CDI bottom metal with AI mags.

They have a package series that comes with a Nikon scope at a street price of ~$500. Great start to a rifle project. The scope is actually pretty decent for a package gun and can always be used on a loaner rifle or a 22 or something. Sell the stock and barrel when you get a new one and get CDI bottom metal with AI mags.

Thanks sinarms!

I hadn't planned on buying a package as I have a new 6-24x50 Tasco here I picked up for $50. I can always put the Nikon on my 22-250 so I'll have to swing by the hunting store and check them out! Thanks for the help, I'm sure I'll have more questions in the future!

I assume you mean the 10/110 Trophy hunter? That package isn't available here in Canada, we can only get it with the weaver scope. That's not really a big deal as I really want the right action to build on.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.