need great load for 7x57 remy

HunterGreen

Hello,

Wondering if yall can provide some load for remy 700 BDL 7x57 mauser.

Looking to help out my friend with tight groups and get him involved in reloading..

Thanks in advance for your input

Hello,

Wondering if yall can provide some load for remy 700 BDL 7x57 mauser.

Looking to help out my friend with tight groups and get him involved in reloading..

Thanks in advance for your input

He's a lucky guy! Would love to get me a Model 700 Classic chambered in 7mm Mauser! For loads check here 7x57 Mauser @ www.reloadersnest.com they have loads for the 7x57 for modern rifles such as the Remington.

Its a sweet shooting rifle, very little recoil.
He wants get into long range but this round droos like a wrecking ball past 300yds.

Thanks for the input I ll check it out

Hunter- for targets i load .010 off for hunting i load .030 . i would start with varget and h4350 and 140 bergers. make sure the trigger is adjusted/crisp and it has a decent scope so you can tell if you are making progress.

You can load that 7x57 much hotter than some of the load data states. Much data is for under 45000 CUP that is limited to the old small ring Mauser actions. In that Remington you can gain lots a velocity safely. Just pay attention to what the data says. Most manuals will tell you which pressure is used in their data. I only have loaded for the old Mausers and 45 grs IMR 4350 with the Hornady 154 Interlock has been very accurate and is a good deer killer.

You can load that 7x57 much hotter than some of the load data states. Much data is for under 45000 CUP that is limited to the old small ring Mauser actions. In that Remington you can gain lots a velocity safely. Just pay attention to what the data says. Most manuals will tell you which pressure is used in their data. I only have loaded for the old Mausers and 45 grs IMR 4350 with the Hornady 154 Interlock has been very accurate and is a good deer killer.

+1 Remingtons can definitely be loaded up hotter than those small ring Mausers, that's why i referenced reloaders nest because they have loads for modern 7x57s.

Thanks guys,

Some serious work is needed. The needs desperately an adjustable cheek rest. The scope needs to be set back towards shooter. The trigger is the heaviest I felt in awhile..

Dont know yet if it adjustable. But I did recommend jewel trigger

Thanks guys,

Some serious work is needed. The needs desperately an adjustable cheek rest. The scope needs to be set back towards shooter. The trigger is the heaviest I felt in awhile..

Dont know yet if it adjustable. But I did recommend jewel trigger

Most likely his scope rings are too tall, never had a problem getting a good cheek weld with a Remington. The trigger can be adjusted if taken to a gunsmith that can safely and properly adjust a Remington trigger without making it dangerous. If he gets a new trigger, a Jewell is not needed in a hunting rifle, all you will ever need is a Timney that is adjustable from like 2-7lbs.

You can get an excellent Shilen trigger for less than $100. Night and day difference to the Factory trigger and most smiths that really know Remington triggers will charge near as much for a trigger job anyway. Midway and Brownells sell the Shilen. You transfer the safety lever from the Rem trigger to the Shilen and have a back up trigger for the deal...

The 7x57 is my 2nd all time favorite round(behind the 270 Win.). I have a duffle bag sporterized 98 w/ see thru claw mounts and a Lyman Alaskan 2.5 scope. Rifle was built in the 40s by Adam Schark of Munchee Germany. The best mountain whitetail gun I've owned. Mine shoots a 145 power point w/ 43 grs 4350 extremely well but it only gets 2600 fps.

Hunter- i have several silen triggers and a jewel. i personally like the feel of the shilen. his gun is probably does not have the new trigger in it. the original ones are easily adjustable to 2-3. google "remington crisp". what scope is on it?

Hunter- i have several silen triggers and a jewel. i personally like the feel of the shilen. his gun is probably does not have the new trigger in it. the original ones are easily adjustable to 2-3. google "remington crisp". what scope is on it?

A plain jane 3x9 nikon

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.