need good soft case for LR gun(30" tube w/ muzzle brake

wannabee

Just got my new gun back from the smith. Toal length is 51 1/2". I need a nice case to keep it pretty. Any ideas? What lengths are available and where can I get one?

I went through the same problems a few months ago with my custom rifle with a 33" barrel and break. I called Jerry and Lynn Morton (724)593-2037 to inquire about a custom made soft case and found them to be very nice. I ended up building my own hard case but would recommend you call them if its a soft case you are after. The prices are very reasonable and others that dealt with them said they were very good. They will make any size you want.

Hope this helps,
Frank D

A real nice guy named Michael Taner (pronounced tanner) had some extra long/large rifle cases made for him by Boyd, and he had them for sale at the NBRSA 1,000y Nationals in Sacramento, CA last October.

He's still got some of them, and I saw them advertised here: http://scopeusout.com/

under the 'Swap and Shop' heading. His ad says: I have 15 boyt gun cases in stock that were made excusvely for me. you will not find them anywhere else... they have and extra 1 and a half pounds of filler and measure 54in. long by 12in. wide. excellant f class carry, great for 17 lb. guns double zippers.Great fo big gun barrelsect. 85.00 plus shipping. or call 916-965-8675

Theres also another one made by "Galati International".

I picked one up at a gun show and it fits my 30" rifles.

I don't have a number for them but, they even have a shoulder strap plus pockets on the outside heavy material. They are padded well also.

Later
DC

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.