need data and suggestions for 338 lapua

I don't think there is much difference in BC between the 225 and 250 accubond. I am trying to remember way back when I ran the numbers on those but I think the loss in muzzle velocity with the 250 grain was to much for the small bc gain out to 800 or so yards where I shoot most. After looking at it and shooting both I decided on the 225. May have been I factored in the groups they shot, I can't remember. If I do the accubond again it will be the 250 grain because the 225's blew into a zillion little pieces on every shot. Nothing remaining but fragments on every shot. Made me consider the lesser bc and shoot the barnes.

Tikkamike, I have hunted the HD and the LU. Frank, who owns the HD had a heart attack back in January. Last I heard he was recovering from it. I wish him the best. Didn't know if you knew that.

i work on the 338 Lapua myself and at Moment i use the 225 grain Barnes TTSX in my sako trg s .
with 90 grain H1000 you should be around 3000 fps
i m happy to get the H 1000 here . not sure i would get winchester wmr .

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.