Need Case Extractor

tellico4x4

Have a broken case inside my Encore. Looked around online for a case extractor for a 7mm STW, 375HH or 8mm Rem Mag and of course found nothing. Midway has one for a 8mm Mauser which is .323 and wondering if that will work?

Got one out previoulsy with cleaning rod & brush, but no such luck this time....

I'm going to act slightly stupid... Because I don't really know, I've never broken a case in a chamberr but why couldn't casefully drive it out with a length of drill rod inserted from the muzzle end and tapped with a brass hammer??

Did you beat the head off the dang thing?? If you did then you might try soaking the thing with penetrating oil for a bit and easing a wood bit into the chamber until it grabs the brass and gets it to spin loose; do this by hand or you'll ruin your chamber. Sometimes an oversized bore brush will kick out the front half of the casing too; say a 35 cal down a 7mm.
Perhaps the more important ?? is why the brass got stuck to begin with......

Had a few RP cases that were reloaded for the 3rd time, and this was the 2nd one from that batch that had case failure...

Got it out last night after soaking it with penetrating oil. Inserted a .40 brush (.357 wouldn't do it) thru the case from the breech and pushed the brush out thru the neck. Pulled it out backwards with no problem. Thanks for the suggestions!

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.