Need Backpack

jeffwhip

I need to get a backpack that will fit my new custom rifle. Since I'm new to all of this I was hoping I could get some input as to which backpack I should get. I'm looking at the Eberlestock G4 Operator pack. Without having seen it in person, I'm thinking I can cinch the straps and restrict it so that it isn't too bulky. It sound like this has everything I will need to stow my gun, spotting scope, rangefinder, wind meter, shooting mat, PDA and everything else I'm going to need. Any suggestions?

I love my Eberlestock J107 Dragonfly. I dont have a huge rifle but It fits my rifle with a bipod, Mark 4 with 50mm lens and m1 Turrets. I would maybe go the J107M version if you have a BIG rifle and dont mind the extra bulk. As far as the G4 operator goes, I have only heard praise about them. If I were to get another pack that would be it. I dont think that Eberlestock makes a single bad pack.

It would be helpful if I could find a store in Phoenix that carries them. They are on the Cabelas Website but hate to drive all the way over there and them not have a large selection.

Do the Eberlestock X1A1 and J107 Dragonfly have enough room for a spotting scope, water bladder, PDA, wind computer and everything else I will need to carry? Thanks guys!

I know that the J107 Dragonfly does. It actually has a pouch that is designed"ish" for optics. I carry my spotting scope, rangefinder, range book, shooting mat, PDA, Weather station, shooting sticks, bipod, and more in it. It has the ability to expand to as big as 7900 ci and compact as small as 2900 ci. The J34 is also a very nice pack with lots of room, that may work for you but not so bulky the J107 is designed for hike in hunts).
heres a link to the eberlestock site'
Eberlestock Hunting Products

There are a fair amount of bags on ebay brand new that are a fair price.

Last edited by a moderator:
It really depends on what you want for a pack I think the gunslinger 2 is unbeatable. It really is better than the original gunsliner because you put the gun in butt down. This pack has plenty of room for a scope and pda as well as bladder for water and you can get a mesh clip on sack for packing meat. The dragon fly is a great pack but it is huge! Its very versitile with the clip off hip pack but I think it is better suited to overnight hunting or using if your planning on packing most of the meat out in your original trip, so in other words its very bulky. I've played with all the eberlrstock packs and my vote for the best daypack as far as balance for carrying equipment, versitility/ modular and less bulk is the gunslinger 2.

I just wanted to thank everyone for their input. Based on all of your comments, today I ordered the Gunslinger II pack in the Max X1 camo pattern. I can't wait to get it and load it up!

Well hopefully you've gotten your new pack by now. I know it works perfect for me, let me know how it fits your needs and hopefully it works exually as well for you.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.