need advice/opinions

I imported a Striker using Questar as my broker. Not cheap but verry easy. When I got mine it was a $350 fee. It has since risen to $700or $750. I spent the money because it was one of those things " I HAD TO HAVE " LOL and no one in Canada knew how or wanted to help me.
Mike

thanks I never heard of specialty pistols before , I assume its in the u.s.a. I dont think I want a pistol that bad as trying to import it into canada what be a nightmare. thanks for the suggestion anyway.I have the model 600 action already so the pistol was just a thought for something different if it does not work out I will build a rifle instead.

I have looked into it and yes you can. It's a one time deal though. By that I mean you can convert a rifle to a handgun but you can not return it to rifle status. Also if you cut a rifle barrel in your modifications the firearm becomes prohibited and you have to have prohibited status on your PAL. If you put a custom barrel on it your firearm is only restricted. The problem you might run into is if you want to go to the USA with it. I'm told in the USA you can not convert a handgun into a rifle. If someone from the USA knows please let me know although it's too late for me now. I bought a TC Encore with 4 barrels and was going to convert it untill I found out I may not be able to go to the USA with it. I sold the action a month ago and have ordered a new action registered as a pistol.
Mike

Can you convert a rifle action into a handgun in Canada?

Depending what province you're from there's a ready made XP100 in Alberta advertised in Gunnutz.
Mike

I have a remington model 600 action that I was thinking of building a handgun from , I live in canada where we can not hunt with a handgun so it would be target shooting only also in canada you can only shoot handguns at registered ranges. The range I belong to has a max of 550 yards. I was thinking about a 6br, what ever I build rifle or handgun I will have Joel Russo build me a stock. I have your regular handcuns 44 mag , 40 s.w. 22lr but never had one like a xp 100 style. like I said open to opinions and advice thanks

My opinion is to check with the Chief Firearms Office at 1 800 731 4000 [in Saskatchewan] you will need a Authorization To Transport anyway see what they say and go from there. Please post what you find out.:) Have a good day.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.