Need advice on ring height and brand / type

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by TORCHRIDER, Dec 1, 2010.

1. TORCHRIDER

TORCHRIDER Well-Known Member

Older Savage 110 flat rear receiver with EGW 0 degree mount and varmint contour barrel. Want to mount a Konus M30 6.5-25x44. What brand/model and height rings do you recommend? I dont want to spend big $$ to mount a $250 scope so appreciate you considering that in your recommendations. Thanks!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2010
  2. winmagman

winmagman Well-Known Member

I'm a big fan of the Burris Signature rings with the inserts. They hold rock solid and leave no ring marks on your scope. Cost around $40 a set. I use mediums on my 50 mm objective lenses with the EGW 20 moa base.

Chris

3. TORCHRIDER

Thanks Chris. If I am not mistaken, the Burris rings dont come in low. I guess medium would be OK. Also, I have heard issues about the Burris rings not always fitting Picattiny style bases. I guess you didn't have any issues? Dave

4. winmagman

winmagman Well-Known Member

Dave,

Burris' website doesn't show any lows so I assume they don't make them.

I can't speak for all bases but I've used them on an EGW base, Burris Xtreme tactical 2 pc base, a couple of weaver 2 pc bases set ups, and one Remington R-15.

The only one that presented any trouble was the R-15. I couldn't get them to slide on, no way no how. Turned out to be no big deal though because they weren't high enough on that gun anyway, had to get a set of risers and they fit that just fine.

Chris

5. 223Rem

223Rem Active Member

Warne Maxima for $30.

Never a big fan of the Burris Signature Rings for the main reason they have to slide on and off the base and use a flathead type of screw to secure the rings.

6. FEENIX

FEENIX Well-Known Member

Yes. it's medium height rings, like mine ...

[​IMG]

7. TORCHRIDER

Thanks! That is a sweet setup!