Need a Win Model 70 expert

montana_native

Trying to get the correct magazine box and follower for a gun that was converted from a 223 to a 22-250.

I currently have the 223 mag box and follower and was going to modify it for a 22-250 since the 22-250 mag box is no longer manufactured. Before I did this, I thought I'd try to find the correct pieces.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

:)Thanks Oliveralan, But this one has me stumped............. Unless you can have one made or have a good smith convert a larger one. I do as stated earlier love my model-70's but You got me. Im by no means an expert, but there are some brilliant smiths and gun nutts here that may be able to give us all some insight on this one. Try posting this under the ''gunsmithing'' section. Ill look into it some more to see what I can dig up, till I learn or figure out a solution. Hopefully someone will jump in with a simple solution.

Ill bet ''Nesika (I dont know how to spell it) Chad'' could fab one.

It looks like modifying this one might be the easiest alternative. It has a spacer spot welded into the magazine that will need to be removed. I think the feed lips may need some adjustment too.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.