need a scope for my RWS air rifle

EJN

I have a BSA scope that was part of the deal when if purchased my air rifle. I can not stand using the scope any more. I am not familiar with air gun scopes mfgs and which one hold up the best. So any of you guys recomend a scope for my RWS model 34.

I have the 34 in 22 cal. I bought the a leapers scope from Pyramid air and the mounting system for RWS rifles to compensate for the barrel droop. It has held up well so far.

Leapers is a great scope especially for the money.

Stick with the top end models.

3x12 w/side focus is very nice i use one almost daily.

Bushnell Sportsman 3 x 9 x 32mm. It has the high target turrets with a front lens paralex adjustment. It is made for air rifles but I use it on my Savage BTVSS 22LR that I shoot in a Schuetzen league. Thats 200 yards OFF HAND. Scope respondes well when I need to adjust for wind. I paid a whopping $95.00 for it.

I don't think you have to worry to much about a scope holding up on a air rifle these days. Not a lot of kick there!

WRG

Bushnell Sportsman 3 x 9 x 32mm. It has the high target turrets with a front lens paralex adjustment. It is made for air rifles but I use it on my Savage BTVSS 22LR that I shoot in a Schuetzen league. Thats 200 yards OFF HAND. Scope respondes well when I need to adjust for wind. I paid a whopping $95.00 for it.

I don't think you have to worry to much about a scope holding up on a air rifle these days. Not a lot of kick there!

WRG

wrong don´t take it personal , let me tell you why you have to worry about rifle recoil in an airgun , if you are usin a spring rifle mosttly if is a magnum type like tose rws 34, 48 , 350 and 54 you have to take care of the doble recoil this guns have that meas they have a bidirectional recoil and if the rifle use a heavy spring to reach hi vel. using pellets the the recoil increase thats why you have to use a rifle scope made to handdle the doble recoil of springlers one of the best rifle scopes for those rifles is the bushnell legend i have many air rifles from springlers to pcp and i sufered the same problem , heavy recoil springler = scope killers, is not the same recoil of a firearm that kicks in a single direction.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.