need a scope for my RWS air rifle

Discussion in 'Rimfire and Airguns' started by EJN, May 9, 2009.

1. EJN

EJN Well-Known Member

I have a BSA scope that was part of the deal when if purchased my air rifle. I can not stand using the scope any more. I am not familiar with air gun scopes mfgs and which one hold up the best. So any of you guys recomend a scope for my RWS model 34.

2. CPerkins

CPerkins Well-Known Member

I have the 34 in 22 cal. I bought the a leapers scope from Pyramid air and the mounting system for RWS rifles to compensate for the barrel droop. It has held up well so far.

3. ol mike

ol mike Well-Known Member

Leapers is a great scope especially for the money.

Stick with the top end models.

3x12 w/side focus is very nice i use one almost daily.

4. WRG

WRG Well-Known Member

Bushnell Sportsman 3 x 9 x 32mm. It has the high target turrets with a front lens paralex adjustment. It is made for air rifles but I use it on my Savage BTVSS 22LR that I shoot in a Schuetzen league. Thats 200 yards OFF HAND. Scope respondes well when I need to adjust for wind. I paid a whopping $95.00 for it.

I don't think you have to worry to much about a scope holding up on a air rifle these days. Not a lot of kick there!

WRG

5. Akkill

Akkill Well-Known Member

wrong donĀ“t take it personal , let me tell you why you have to worry about rifle recoil in an airgun , if you are usin a spring rifle mosttly if is a magnum type like tose rws 34, 48 , 350 and 54 you have to take care of the doble recoil this guns have that meas they have a bidirectional recoil and if the rifle use a heavy spring to reach hi vel. using pellets the the recoil increase thats why you have to use a rifle scope made to handdle the doble recoil of springlers one of the best rifle scopes for those rifles is the bushnell legend i have many air rifles from springlers to pcp and i sufered the same problem , heavy recoil springler = scope killers, is not the same recoil of a firearm that kicks in a single direction.