Need a new scope in the $1000 range

Check the Long Range store, the Huskemaw 3-9 is $999

You mean 3-12? For that kind of money, is a 12x really sufficient for 800 yards when several quality scope brands and models will get you 14-24x magnification?

Ive never looked through a Huskemaw scope, but my $400 Nikon Monarch 3-12x42SF is quite clear at 12x and looking at objects nearly 2 miles away. I'd definitely want more magnification though, but that's personal preference.

Thanks Sidecarflip I'll have to do that for sure! Im at work for a few weeks so I'm just itching to get out and shoot. Unfortunately I work in a camp job so no shooting till days off. I'll be sure to take your advice then.

Yes the glass is super clear and in really impressed, haven't had an opportunity to see a huskemaw either, but very happy none the less.

Great news jtkratzer! Let me know how it goes when you get a chance to hit the range gun)

Interesting. Mine is clear as crystal all the way to 24X with no abberations across the entire field of view. The eyebox becomes a bit touchy over 16X, but thats it.

In fact I mounted the PST and one of my Mark4's and compared side by side and to my eye, the PST is as clear at extreme distance/magnification, as the Mark 4 is.

I believe I'd contact Vortex (through their website) and make arrangements to return it. I'm reasonably sure they will make good on the issue. No need to be dealing with any issue pertaining to quality of image.
I sent the scope back to Vortex. New unmounted.
They asked me what I wanted.
I told them I wanted a replacement scope.
They told me they would not send out another new scope since there wasn't any scope fog.
Then I was told that all scopes get touchy at high magnification.
So they sent me a full reimbursement check.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.